[Mimedefang] configuring mimedefang

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Thu Apr 7 00:16:05 EDT 2005

Speedy Sweedy wrote:

> Ok, based on what you guys are saying in here, I am now only scanning
> with mimedefang and using it to call clamav.  I've tested my install
> with the resource from testvirus.org and it catches everything jut fine.
>
> How do I get mimedefang to test for spam now?  I have spamassin
> installed and mimedefang detected it when i ran ./configure.  The file
> sa-mimedefang.cf is also in my mail directory, yet it does not call
> spamassassin.  What am I missing?

You might be missing the documentation.

All kidding aside. you'll need to look thru the
/etc/mail/mimedefang-filter file to see how you have it configured to
call SpamAssassin.

by default I don't think it even writes anything to the syslog unless a
message scores above a certain score. You should put some debugging
calls in to confirm that it's working and then remove them once you're
comfortable with it.

the mimedefang documentation is your friend.

alan