[Mimedefang] Problem with create mask on ./Work directory

Jason Englander jason at englanders.cc
Fri Apr 1 17:51:37 EST 2005

On Fri, 1 Apr 2005, Nels Lindquist wrote:

> I'm making use of the AllowSupplementaryGroups directive in
> clamd.conf in order to allow clamd to scan files owned by the defang

There may be a reason you're not doing so already that I'm not aware of,
but running clamd as user 'defang' may be a better option for you.

This is a simple clamd.conf for a system that has a tmpfs mounted as /ram
(root:root, 711) and uses /ram/MIMEDefang (defang:root, 700) for the spool
directory:

LogSyslog
PidFile /ram/MIMEDefang/clamd.pid
LocalSocket /ram/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock
FixStaleSocket
User defang

As long as MD is configured with --with-spooldir=/ram/MIMEDefang,
$ClamdSock will be set to /ram/MIMEDefang/clamd.sock by default.

   Jason

--
Jason Englander <jason at englanders.cc>
394F 7E02 C105 7268 777A  3F5A 0AC0 C618 0675 80CA