[Mimedefang] Using global bayes in SA

Oliver Schulze L. oliver at samera.com.py
Thu Apr 14 15:17:25 EDT 2005

Hi,
I'm using SpamAssassin 3.02 with Mimedefang 2.51 and want to
have a global bayes database.
I'm using this parameters in local.cf
  bayes_path /etc/mail/spamassassin/bayes/bayes
  bayes_file_mode 666

The directory is redeable and writeable by user defang.

The problem is that thedb files are never created.
They are created only if I run the spamassassin command, like:
# spamassassin -t -D < sample-spam.txt

It seems that they are not used or created when SA is run by mimedefang.

How can I debug the SA code rune by MD? Or how can I be sure
that the bayes db are readed by SA when run from MD?

Many Thanks
Oliver

--
Oliver Schulze L.