[Mimedefang] OT - Using rDNS sendmail hack - your experiences

Kelsey Cummings kgc at sonic.net
Tue Apr 26 16:39:43 EDT 2005

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 04:21:23PM -0400, Rich West wrote:
> Personally, we've looked in to it.  We tend to agree that AOL's position
> is somewhat aggressive since their techs are usually behind the time and

We've found it highly effective when combined with other RFC related
checks.  No RDNS with a HELO that doesn't match and has no apparent
relation to the IP, the IP has no obvious relation to the domain, etc.

By itself it's going to get alot of legit mail from poorly configured
hosts along with the spam.

--
Kelsey Cummings - kgc at sonic.net           sonic.net, inc.
System Architect                          2260 Apollo Way