[Mimedefang] clamav problems

Al Sparks data345 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 22:55:01 EDT 2005

I'm running MIMEDefang 2.44, sendmail-8.12.11, clamav-0.83.

I'm using the standard boilerplate provided on the web page
   http://sial.org/howto/mimedefang/clamav/
so that it action_bounce()'s on a positive virus.

For testing I modified the "if" statement in sub handle_virus() so
that it doesn't action_discard() when there's a sobig virus, but
action_bounce()'s instead.

I then sent the sample sobig virus supplied by the web site.

I'm getting
**********
Apr 22 16:52:23 mailimap-test sm-msp-queue[6150]:
j3N0qMxA006150: Losing ./qfj3N0qMxA006150: savemail panic

Apr 22 16:52:23 mailimap-test sm-msp-queue[6150]:
j3N0qMxA006150: SYSERR(root): savemail: cannot save rejected email anywhere
**********

A lot of the research I've done indicates a problem with the aliases
file, specifically the postmaster definition.  However, postmaster
looks ok.  I'm able to send normal messages to postmaster w/o a
problem.

These errors occur if I send the following on the machine:
  sendmail postmaster < ENTIRE_MESSAGE

where the ENTIRE_MESSAGE is the sobig virus.

I've also tried sending from another machine to the test machine, and
while I don't get the savemail panic error above, I do get a
"dsn=5.0.0, stat=Service unavailable" log error.

I'm not optimistic anyone has seen this, given similar questions have
been asked a year ago, with no answers given.
   === Al