Spec file (was Re: [Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang)

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Fri Apr 22 22:03:17 EDT 2005

Josh Kelley wrote:

> Would you mind posting your perl specfile (or emailing it privately)?  I
> just built MIME-Base64 as a regular RPM then did a force install over
> top of the perl package, but that approach has obvious disadvantages.

We build MIME-Base64 RPMs for CanIt, but install in site_lib
instead of the core lib or vendor lib directories.  We hacked
CanIt to look in the site lib directories first.

You don't want to know how we generate the CanIt RPMs... it's
like seeing how sausages are made.

Anyway, the trick for moving site library directories to the head
of the search path is... ahem...:

# We need to move site lib to start of @INC.
# This code is evil, but it's the only way to do it with older
# versions of Perl...
BEGIN {
        use Config;
        eval "use lib \"$Config{'sitelib_stem'}\";";
}