[Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang

Sven Schuster schuster.sven at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 19:27:35 EDT 2005

Hi Kenneth,

On Fri, Apr 22, 2005 at 11:11:54AM -0700, Kenneth Porter told us:
> Both Fedora and RH should use an RPM approach, which means finding all the
> prereqs. You can either install all the Perl prereqs using CPAN and then
> --nodeps (not --force) the MD RPM, or download and repackage them as RPM's
> with cpanflute2 (part of RPM::Specfile). (I recall having trouble with a
> package or two because cpanflute2 expects a certain naming convention that
> they don't follow.)

I've made some quite good experience with cpan2rpm. Had to adjust
the requires generated by cpan2rpm (or rpm itself?) a little bit (like
--no-requires='Win32::Registry'), but apart from that it was working
very good.
The only other thing which was a pain in the a** were the modules
included in the perl rpm packages, which made it quite hard to update
them without running into problems with rpm (giving collisions with
the perl package when trying to rpm -Uvh for example Digest::MD5).
But I made my own perl spec where things like Digest, Digest::MD5, and
some others resulted as separate rpms, thus making it easy to upgrade
those modules via rpm.

Sven

--
Linux zion 2.6.12-rc2-mm2 #1 PREEMPT Sat Apr 9 02:33:35 CEST 2005 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
 01:15:47 up 4 days,  8:01,  2 users,  load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.09