[Mimedefang] HUGE problem with mimedefang

Lisa Casey lisa at jellico.com
Thu Apr 21 17:12:21 EDT 2005

Hi,

When I installed Mimedefang 2.48  (back last November) I followed the
mimedefang howto at:  http://www.mickeyhill.com/mimedefang-howto/  because
gave me a step by step that was easy to follow and understand. In there it
states:

Create or edit startup/shutdown script at /etc/init.d/sendmail to start
MIMEDefang. Be sure to chmod 755. The sample script below is the Red Hat
default script with these two lines added:

/etc/init.d/mimedefang start
/etc/init.d/mimedefang stop

and then it goes on to give a sample Redhat Sendmail init script which I
used. It works fine to start/stop sendmail and mimedfeang and starts/stops
them in the correct order. So again, I ask, can I modify the
/etc/init.d/mimedefang start in my /etc/init.d/sendmail to read
/etc/init.d/mimedefang -U defang start    ??
I'm afraid I don't have a clue about what you were talking about re run
levels etc.

Lisa Casey