[Mimedefang] Foreign Character Sets.

alan premselaar alien at 12inch.com
Mon Apr 18 11:39:44 EDT 2005

Keith Patton wrote:
> Yes sendmail accepts it, then it passes it to netscape and it rejects
> it.. Funny thing is that sometimes it works other is doesn't.    I have
> noticed that nearly all the bounces I have seen  has the content in
> foreign character set ( chineese or Korean )...  That is why I asked my
> question could the foreign char set cause problems for MD?

I receive email with the iso-2022-jp and utf-8 character sets without
any problems.

of course I'm using sendmail 8.13.3 & mimedefang 2.51, non-relay.

previously I had an exchange server that I was relaying for, running
older versions of sendmail and mimedefang.  I didn't have any problems
with those either.

Perhaps it's configuration issue with iplanet?

alan