[Mimedefang] Foreign Character Sets.

Keith Patton kpatton at dallas.photronics.com
Mon Apr 18 09:48:37 EDT 2005

The may be for David to answer.

I have an instance of sendmail+mimedefang-sa-clamav running in Korea,
operating as a relay for incoming email.

We are getting complaints that email is being returned..  Not by MD but
by the destination with the error

 554 5.7.1 bad address syntax:

If Sendmail get the message without the error and relays it,  by some
weird circumstance did MD modify the recipient header?  I am under the
understanding the MD does NOT modify the recipient header without some
doing.  It this correct?

If the mail had an address error, I would have thought it would have
been caught in both places..

any help or thoughts are appreciated

Keith