[Mimedefang] Virus/MIME Issue

Chris Masters rotis23 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 18 07:12:31 EDT 2005

Hi All,

We've recently had a problem with W32/Mytob-Z getting
through our filter and I think this may be a MIME
related issue.

The mimedefang-filter filter function was only called
once for the main body text/plain part, however a
secondary commercial email virus scanner layer picked
up the virus in 'MIME part 2'. The email was 50kB in
size.

mimedefang-2.44 (sorry!)
MIME-tools-5.415

We're in the process of testing the latest versions of
both.

So, could this be due to the old version of
mimedefang, a mime encoding issue or a virus scanner
configuration issue?

I can provide more detailed information off-line if
required.

Thanks, Chris