[Mimedefang] How can mimedefang use spamc/spamdfuncitonsofspamassassin?

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Thu Apr 14 15:03:32 EDT 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:

> This could be skewed a lot towards single recipients by having frequent
> senders with a qmail in their path,

Well, that's OK.  Let qmail deal with generating bounces. :-)

> or towards multiple recipients by
> being in a company that uses a lot of departmental distribution-list
> addressing

Yes, that would account for a lot of ours.  But if something comes
in for "sales at roaringpenguin.com", I think it's reasonable to apply
one set of rules, rather than separate rules for each member of "sales".

> I'd
> guess that our mail is >50% group-addressed internally although it
> is much less than that coming in from the internet.

I specifically did not count internal mail.  Otherwise, you're right;
there'd be a lot more multi-recipient mail.