[Mimedefang] FW: Runaway Spamassassin

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Tue Apr 12 10:07:24 EDT 2005

David F. Skoll wrote:

> Yes, my usual mantra:  "When a previously-working system starts misbehaving,
> and you (really, honestly!) haven't changed anything, suspect a network
> problem."  Look for a DNSRBL host that's died, a datbase connection that's
> acting up, or something similar.
>
> Of course, if you *have* changed something on your setup...

Don't forget that in a live system something is always changing -- the
incoming mail! We've had this problem a few times (weeks apart), but
only on multi-recipient mail. We're hoping the extra 512MB RAM and
consequent increase in RAM allocated to /var/spool/MIMEDefang will put
this issue to rest.

Cheers
Bill