[Mimedefang] FW: Runaway Spamassassin

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Tue Apr 12 09:17:51 EDT 2005

Tom Skotnicki wrote:

> Upon further diagnosis, the issue appears to be spamassassin. I made this
> determination by setting the maximum message size to submit to spamassassin
> to 1k in lieu of the standard 100k. With this setting, all is well, except
> the spam.

> As previously stated, this setup has been in place and working for a year or
> two, apparently something has changed. Any ideas?

Yes, my usual mantra:  "When a previously-working system starts misbehaving,
and you (really, honestly!) haven't changed anything, suspect a network
problem."  Look for a DNSRBL host that's died, a datbase connection that's
acting up, or something similar.

Of course, if you *have* changed something on your setup...