[Mimedefang] FW: Runaway Spamassassin

Tom Skotnicki tom at tomskot.com
Tue Apr 12 08:43:34 EDT 2005

I had previously written about a runaway slave(s) issue and was corrected
that my issue was runaway mimedefang threads rather than mimedefang slaves,
which is the case. I have been experiencing conditions of dozens of
mimedefang threads until the server stops responding until rebooted.

Upon further diagnosis, the issue appears to be spamassassin. I made this
determination by setting the maximum message size to submit to spamassassin
to 1k in lieu of the standard 100k. With this setting, all is well, except
the spam.

As previously stated, this setup has been in place and working for a year or
two, apparently something has changed. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Tom Skotnicki