[Mimedefang] Runaway Slaves

Tom Skotnicki toms at hockenbergs.com
Thu Apr 7 21:32:30 EDT 2005

I have been running Mimedefang for a couple of years with great success.
Recently, I started having issues with dozens of slave processes
accumulating until the server stops responding. Reboot, all is well again
for a while. Looked all over and cannot seem to come up with a clue.

Environment: RH 7.3, Sendmail 8.12.9, SpamAssassin 2.55, uvscan.
MX_MINIMUM=2, MX_MAXIMUM=10
Mail volume: 4-5 messages/minute, cpu seldom exceeds 60%, even when locked.

Even with a MX_MAXIMUM of 10, I have seen 50-60 slaves show up in ps output.

Thanks for any clues.