[Mimedefang] mimedefang and clamav

Speedy Sweedy speedysweedy at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 6 14:07:32 EDT 2005

> > I am able to get mimedefang running whereby it will scan incoming emails
> > and virus scan them as well.  my issue is that I want clamav to scan
>before
> > the message is passed to mimedefang. Can anyone tell me how to configure
> > this?
>
>You could probably use one of the clamav-milters to accomplish this - but
>as the other guy says, "Why?"

I want to perform a virus scan of incoming mail before I call the larger
overhead process of mimedefang.  I am currently using clamav-milter, works
great... by itself!

mimedefang requires clamav.conf to be setup with user=defang and the
clamav.sock to be located in the mimedefang directory.  As soon as i do
this, clamav breaks as a the first milter called by sendmail.