[Mimedefang] How can I tell WHY this was rejected?

Joseph Brennan brennan at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 5 08:22:39 EDT 2005

> if ($hits > 6.0) {
>                 return action_bounce("Suspected spam - blocked Please
> contact Netlink 2000, Inc.");

> Is there any way I can figure out WHY mimedefang is rejecting this e-mail
> so I can tell my user what he can change to keep this from happening
> again?

Inside that if condition, add

     md_graphdefang_log('spam', "$hits $names", $RelayAddr);

and you can see the score and what tests matched.  This is very useful
in debugging claimed false positives.

Joseph Brennan
Academic Technologies Group, Academic Information Systems (AcIS)
Columbia University in the City of New York