[Mimedefang] Problem with create mask on ./Work directory

Nels Lindquist nlindq at maei.ca
Fri Apr 1 14:58:50 EST 2005

Hi there.

I'm running into a bizarre problem on one particular MIMEDefang
installation which is giving me grief with ClamAV.

I'm making use of the AllowSupplementaryGroups directive in
clamd.conf in order to allow clamd to scan files owned by the defang
group.  The MIMEDefang spool directory is tmpfs, mounted mode 0750.
When MIMEDefang is first started, everything works properly for the
first few messages, but eventually the ./Work directory (and
contents) start being created 0700/0600 instead of 0750/0640 and
clamd can no longer scan, returning a scanner error.

I touched DO-NOT-DELETE-WORK-DIRS in order to see if there's some
sort of pattern.  The only thing I can see is that SpamAssassin
classified the first message to have bad ./Work permissions as spam,
though since virus scanning is done before SpamAssassin is called I
fail to see how, even *if* SA changed the permissions for some
reason, it would affect virus scanning.

Using:

Redhat 9
Sendmail 8.12.9
MIMEDefang 2.49
ClamAV 0.83
SpamAssassin 2.64 (with the SpamCopURI plugin)

----
Nels Lindquist <*>
Information Systems Manager
Morningstar Air Express Inc.