[Mimedefang] Re: URIDNSBL not running

Matt Smith Matt at Coolchilli.com
Thu Sep 30 20:34:25 EDT 2004

"Nathan Martinez" <NathanM at aaesys.com> wrote:

> would give URIDNSBL a try, but I can't seem to get its rules to run.  I
> have $SALocalTestsOnly = 0 in my mimedefang-filter.

Hi Nathan,

Having just enabled this feature myself (MD v2.41/2.38 + SA 2.63), and
experienced the frustration when it didn't work, make sure that your
$SALocalTestsOnly variable is set before the SpamAssassin init routine (as
below) in your mimedefang-filter.

$SALocalTestsOnly = 0;
if ($Features{"SpamAssassin"}) {
    spam_assassin_init()->compile_now(1) if defined(spam_assassin_init());

Also, make sure that in your sa-mimedefang.cf file, you don't have the line
skip_rbl_checks 0
as that will undo the above.

Hope this helps, or gives you somewhere to look!
There was a bit of activity on this list within the past month or two
regarding enabling this, I couldn't find any specific reference off-hand,
but give it a search if you get stuck.

Regards,
Matt