[Mimedefang] Mimedefang Whitelist

Thomas Barnes Thomas.Barnes at barnestormer.com
Fri Sep 24 15:28:47 EDT 2004

Sorry about the last post,  wrong subject.

Good answers.  though I have some concerns I did not post last time.

My wife and her sisters send spammy stuff back and forth ( the main
reason for the whitelist)
My Dad is basically computer phobic and getting him to add a string to
his mail client would be like pulling teeth :|) Funny because he is a
retired dentist.
SMTP Auth looks like a good idea . . hmm now to make it work with
sendmail and squirrelmail.
   Thanks!

I didn't think it would be too easy.
> You have several options.
> 1) Take off the whitelist and be careful that nothing you send yourself looks like spam.
> 2) Turn on SMTP AUTH - whenever you send yourself something, connect via SMTP AUTH.  Skip the SpamAssassin checks on AUTH'd connections.
> 3) Whenever you send yourself something, connect to 127.0.0.1 (assuming you only send yourself things from the server.)  Skip SpamAssassin checks on connections from 127.0.0.1
> 4) Generate a random string of (say) 50 printable characters.  Configure your mail client to have a custom header Anti-Spam-Tag: ASDKJFAKNCEAWJKAWEJKJRAOFJ....  Create a custom SpamAssassin rule to give -100 on this header.

> Or are there other people @barnestormer.com?
Yea, quite a few really. Mostly family across the USA which makes a MX
lookup or anything fancy difficult.