[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang 2.45 compile errors ??

Guido mimedefang.at.lists.roaringpenguin.com at starbase12.cjb.net
Thu Sep 23 16:10:17 EDT 2004

On Thursday 23 September 2004 14:15, David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, J.P van Oyen wrote:
> > Just tried to update to the new MIMEDEFANG 2.45 but after updating also
> > to MIME-tools-5.413 from David I get the following error.
> >
> > checking for Perl module MIME::WordDecoder... configure: WARNING: ***
> > Error trying to use Perl module MIME::WordDecoder
>
> Could you send me (only me, not the list) the complete output of
> ./configure?
>
> Has anyone else encountered this?  I tested on Red Hat 9, Fedora Core 1,
> FreeBSD and Solaris...
>
> Thanks,
>
> David.

Yes, I did. I have encountered / am encountering the same issue on my Gentoo
box.

I'm running with the Perl 5.8.4-r1 Gentoo package and I've updated MIME::Tools
using CPAN.

MIME::Tools seem to be present only at the following location on my
system /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/MIME/Tools.pm

MIME::WordDecoder, on which it errs, seems to be only located
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.4/MIME/WordDecoder.pm

Configuring MD with --disable-check-perl-modules does the trick for me (since
I know myself that I do have the needed modules available). But that is of
course no permanent solution. :)

HTH,
Regs,

Guido

--
"Eat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow you may work."