[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang + spamd

Martin Blapp mb at imp.ch
Thu Sep 23 05:05:10 EDT 2004

Replying to myself.

> If I look at spamds version of preload_modules_with_tmp_homedir() is is really
> bigger than just spam_assassin_init(). This may explain some delay.

There seem to be only path and tmp handling in preload_modules_with_tmp_homedir.
And spamd calls spam_assassin_init(0,1) and we just do spam_assassin_init(1).

IMHO mimedefang needs to be faster calling the SA API directly since there
are less context switches to do. fork() needs time, so if you call spamc you
loose time. Imagine some high load situations with a lot of IO. There each fork
gets really expensive and slow. I cannot beleave that calling spamc and asking
spamd is faster than useing the precompiled SA API directly.

Martin