[Mimedefang] again - Overlong line in RESULTS file

David F. Skoll dfs at roaringpenguin.com
Wed Sep 22 11:24:47 EDT 2004

On Wed, 22 Sep 2004, Martin Blapp wrote:

> recompiled the pthread lib and now it works. That means it is not save here
> to place SMALLBUF on the stack. I'll try to convert it to malloc().

> Agreed David ?

Disagreed :-).  There should be no reason to have such a long line in
the RESULTS file; I would rather the Perl filter be a bit more
sensible about what it does.  If you read the code, it's not as simple
as just allocating a buffer in eom(); there may be other places that
assume each line in RESULTS will fit in a SMALLBUF-sized buffer.

(The entire RESULTS file can be longer than SMALLBUF; this limit
applies only to each line in the file.)