[Mimedefang] allow local aliases w/ md_check_against_smtp_server

-ray ray at ops.selu.edu
Tue Sep 21 16:23:45 EDT 2004

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Ron Peterson wrote:

> I needed something like this to implement mailman on our our email
> gateway.

Ron,

I had to do the same thing but decided to use a lists.selu.edu subdomain
for mailman lists, so i avoid the md_check_against_smtp_server in
filter_recipient like this.

sub filter_recipient {

my($recip, $sender, $ip, $host, $first, $helo,
           $rcpt_mailer, $rcpt_host, $rcpt_addr) = @_;

$recip =~ /.+\@(.+)>?/;  # extract domain part (minus angle bracket)
my $domain = $1;
$domain =~ s#[<>]##g;
if (($domain =~ /^selu.edu$/i) && ($domain !~ /^lists.selu.edu$/i)) {
           return md_check_against_smtp_server($sender, $recip,
                                "smtp.selu.edu",
                                "mailstore.selu.edu");
       }

return('CONTINUE', "OK");  # accept recipient if dont find relay
}

ray