[Mimedefang] quarantine_entire_message: I don't get it

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Mon Sep 20 14:31:51 EDT 2004

WBrown at e1b.org wrote:
>>That's truly evil.  All modern viruses forge the From address.
>
> And how do we get mail admins to turn this off?  Maybe we need a BVNRBL
> (Bogus Virus Notification RBL) <G>

I'll occasionally send a LART to a postmaster address, particularly if
they use one of those annoying "Your mail server sent us a virus!"
messages when it's obvious from the headers (which are generally
attached) that our server *didn't* send it.  Sometimes I'll even write
it in the style of the "notice" they sent.

I don't know if it does any good, but it helps let off steam sometimes.

--
Kelson Vibber