[Mimedefang] Conceptual Stage of setting up email gateway

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Sep 18 03:43:47 EDT 2004

--On Saturday, September 18, 2004 3:01 AM -0400 Jeff Rife
<mimedefang at nabs.net> wrote:

> On 18 Sep 2004 at 8:51, Peter A. Cole wrote:
>
>> I tried Fedora once, went back to Sarge. Maybe I didn't give it
>> enough time, but it's so easy to type apt-get install
>
> On Fedora, it's "yum install packagename".  To keep my machine updated,
> I just do "yum check-update" in a nightly cron job, and then manually
> run "yum update" if anything shows up (I'm too paranoid to let things
> work completely automatically).

But note that apt is available for Fedora.

In /etc/cron.daily/yum.cron I added --download-only so that I don't have to
wait for that once I've decided to "pull the trigger" and install the
recommended updates.

I find that the biggest hassle in updating MD is migrating new changes in
the default filter to my custom filter. I have to track what baseline
filter my changes are to, diff that against the new release, and merge the
result into my edits. Has anyone come up with a way to automate that, sort
of like a Subversion/CVS update?