[Mimedefang] Catching the porn spams

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Thu Sep 9 13:05:36 EDT 2004

There are certainly ways to code around this and it *might* be a very valid
way to stop spammers.  I'll leave that debate to continue.

However, my point was just to make sure that some admins didn't go code up a
whois lookup that was automated and find themselves in violation of the
whois rules against automation.  Most of the whois servers will notice
automated lookups of X number in Y period of time and just eventually block
your access. Then you'll get every domain as unknown and start blocking all
mail ;-)

Regards,
KAM