[Mimedefang] counting emails flagged as spam

Kevin A. McGrail kmcgrail at pccc.com
Tue Sep 7 08:51:55 EDT 2004

> I just set this up on a couple of servers and it's pretty easy. The
hardest
> part is locating all the Perl modules to install. Alas, a 3rd server won't
> let me install it because graphdefang needs GD version 2 (the Perl
graphics
> module) and I've got version 1 installed for a particular web app. (GIF
> license issues.)

To the best of my knowledge, the GIF patent US and abroad, expired in June
of this year.

07/21/04: gd 2.0.28 has been released. gd 2.0.28 restores support for
reading and writing GIF images. There is also a fix for a possible problem
in gdImageTrueColorToPalette

We've been compiling our own GD for years and here's the docs we follow.
http://www.peregrinehw.com/downloads/gd/ Not quite as easy as an RPM but we
don't use RPMs for any critical PERL or System programs.  Basically, Perl,
MD, Sendmail, Apache, GD, ImageMagick, etc.  The core like 50 programs that
are the reason the servers exist ;-)

Regards,
KAM