[Mimedefang] 0x1f does not fulfill action requirements 0x3f

Matt Smith Matt at Coolchilli.com
Mon Sep 6 21:17:00 EDT 2004

On Mon, 06 Sep 2004 18:53:18 +0200, "The Searcher"
<TheSearcher at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Mimedefang starts without any problems, but when a mail arrives in the
queue it's not processed by the milter and the syslog reports folowing:

> MIMEDefang-2.44: st_optionneg[1090857776]:
> 0x1f does not fulfill action requirements 0x3f

I've seen these errors before, i'm sure of it!  Look back in the archives to
August, there's a similar issue there as well.
http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=st_optionneg+site%3Alists.roaringpenguin.com&meta=

> I'm running
> Red Hat 9
> Sendmail 8.12.8
> Spamassassin 2.64
> Mcafee Virus Scan for Linux v4.32.0
> Mimedefang 2.44

Hmm, looks almost identical to my one of my setups.
Firstly, check, check, recheck, and then check your permissions again, and
the user that MD and uvscan are running as; this can leave you awake at
night.  Make everything run as the same user for testing purposes (defang by
default).
Secondly, do you have a `sleep 5(or 10,15)' command after you start/stop MD
or before you start/stop Sendmail?  Make sure that in your logs when you
stop MD, you see "MI_stop=1" before you try to restart, or you'll have
problems.  Add the sleep into your init.d script and see how that behaves.
Thirdly, for testing purposes, disable uvscan in MD (replace the
$Features{'Virus:NAI'} value with ('/bin/false' ne '/bin/false' ?
'/bin/false' : 0); and to make life easier, just comment out your exisiting
one, and add the new one.  Make sure that `mimedefang.pl -features` reports
that uvscan isn't installed, then run MD and see if you still have your
errors, if so, your problem is with uvscan/permissions etc.

All the best,
Matt