[Mimedefang] Suspicious Chars

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Sat Sep 4 20:32:19 EDT 2004

On 4 Sep 2004 at 1:07, Chris Masters wrote:

> Just checked last hour an I got 11 in 7000 had
> suspicious chars. It's not the number of checks that's
> a problem - it's whether the MIME parsing
> functionality of MIMEDefang could be vulnerable like
> certain email clients.

I don't see how MIMEDefang could be vulnerable.  All it would do with
malformed MIME is to not have a 100% accurate scan, since it never
tries to open the attached files (at least not by default).

This could obviously leave you vulnerable if your mail client has a
problem that MIMEDefang doesn't catch, but that's already the case for
well-formed MIME of a new attack type.

--
Jeff Rife        |
SPAM bait:       |