[Mimedefang] sub filter_relay question

Chris Myers chris at by-design.net
Fri Sep 3 17:09:56 EDT 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas Jackson" <jackson at salk.edu>
To: <mimedefang at lists.roaringpenguin.com>
Sent: Friday, September 03, 2004 3:00 PM
Subject: [Mimedefang] sub filter_relay question

> I've setup filter_relay with something like whats listed below...
>
> sub filter_relay ($$) {
>     my ($ip, $name) = @_;
>     if ($name =~ /(test\.com$)/) {
>     return (REJECT, "Sorry; your domain $1 is blacklisted");
>     }
>        return (CONTINUE, "ok");
> }
>
> This is pretty much a cut and paste from the man page.  I've also
> changed the init script...
>
> MX_RELAY_CHECK=yes
>
> However when I send mail from the test.com domain the mail passes
> through mimedefang without being rejected.
>
> What am I doing wrong?  What else do I need to configure?

Did you actually *restart* the MIMEDefang processes?  The MX_RELAY_CHECK
variable is actually only read at system boot time or when the entire
MIMEDefang system
is restarted.

'md-mx-ctrl reload' just reloads the filter, it doesn't restart
mimedefang-multiplexer (which
is what makes use of the MX_RELAY_CHECK setting).

Chris Myers
Networks By Design