[Mimedefang] cron script to archive MD-Quarantine

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Sep 29 13:01:15 EDT 2004

My /var/spool/MD-Quarantine directory starts to get full after a while.

I'm thinking of writing a cron.monthly script.

On (say) October 1st it will take everything in MD-Quarantine previous to September 1st (that is, up to August 31st) and throw it into a .tar file (say, /var/spool/MD-Quarantine-Archive/previous-to-2004-09-01.tar)

This way I can use my unquarantine.bat file to pull things out of quarantine for at least a full month.  After that I have to ssh in to the server and untar, but I can still unquarantine indefinitely.  (Until I start running out of disk space...)

Has anyone already done something like this and is willing to share code?  Or perhaps has another approach?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"