[Mimedefang] quarantine_entire_message: I don't get it

Paul Boven p.boven at sara.nl
Mon Sep 20 12:01:31 EDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Upon detecting a virus, I would like Mimedefang to quarantine the whole
message, and send a message to the recipient (not sender) about this.
However, if I call
quarantine_entire_message('An email for you was quarantined');
from within filter_begin, the message in question doesn't actually get
quarantined: in fact, what ends up in the quarantine is the warning
message I wanted to generate. Even worse, the (test-)virus gets trough
unscathed.

Looking at the source of mimedefang.pl it does indeed save the warning
text to $QuarantineSubdir/MSG.0, instead of the message to be quarantined.

I wonder if this is a problem with Mimedefang, or am I simply
misunderstanding the way quarantine_entire_message is supposed to work?

Mimedefang is version 2.44.

Regards, Paul Boven.