[Mimedefang] Can't get rid of "Please try again later..."

Scott Galambos scottg at particle.net
Wed Sep 8 02:10:38 EDT 2004

If mimedefang becomes unavailable for whatever reason I'd like it to
continue to pass mail through to sendmail instead of giving the "Please try
again later..." message.

The HOWTO says that I can remove F=T for my INPUT_MAIL_FILTER line in my
sendmail.mc file and that should do it.  eg. "...you may wish to allow
incoming messages to be accepted if the filter fails. To do this, remove
the F=T flag."

I did this and it did not work.  I tried "F=" and no F= at all (eg.
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`mimedefang',
`S=unix:/var/spool/MIMEDefang/mimedefang.sock, T=S:5m;R:5m')).  I still get
the Please try again later.  I remade my sendmail.cf, restarted everything,
even rebooted the server.

Does anyone know why?  "F=" works fine for my other two filters, failures
with them and the message is passed through fine.  But mimedefang always
gives the please try again later no matter what I do...

Mimedefang 2.44
Sendmail 8.13.1
Linux 2.4.27

Thanks for any help.