[Mimedefang] Implementing SRS in MIMEDefang

Michael Faurot mfaurot at atww.org
Thu Sep 30 19:30:14 EDT 2004

I'm researching how to implement SRS within MIMEDefang using the Mail::SRS
Perl module.  At the moment I'm trying to figure out the first half of
the SRS puzzle.  I'm trying to decide where would be the best place,
within mimedefang-filter, to implement the sender envelope re-writing
and how to do that.

Best as I can tell, filter_end() would probably be the best place to
rework the sender address in the envelope--at least for my configuration.
I've scanned through the MIMEDefang man pages and searched through the
mailing list archives, but I could use some pointers here.  Particularly,
how do I modify the sender's address in the envelope?  Do I need to
modify the COMMANDS file or is there a function in MIMEDefang I can call
to do this?

[1]: http://spf.pobox.com/srs.html