[Mimedefang] Limiting delivery by *nix group

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Thu Sep 30 15:53:25 EDT 2004

I posted this to the sendmail newsgroup and got an answer that uses
sendmail rulesets.  Since I don't understand these as well as I
understand Perl (since I'm a Perl beginner, that tells you how little I
can deal with sendmail rules), I'd like a way to do this from within
MIMEDefang.

The need arose because our mail server gets its user list from Active
Directory, but not every one of the users listed there should get e-
mail (a good example is all the "machine" users).  I can easily put all
the real e-mail users into a AD group which then maps to a *nix group.

So, all I need to do is check to see whether the user is in a
particular group and, if not, return a "550 User unknown" status.

How would I do this from within MIMEDefang?

Thanks.

--
Jeff Rife        |
SPAM bait:       |