[Mimedefang] mimedefang-2.45 and dual opteron

Bill Maidment bill at maidment.com.au
Thu Sep 30 09:11:48 EDT 2004

I've had mimedefang-2.45 spamassassin-3.0.0 clamav-0.80rc2 running for
about a week OK on a dual opteron. Then yesterday a friendly bz2 file
came in as an attachment and clamav threw a fit. I upgraded to
clamav-0.80rc3 and still had the same problem, so I went back to
clamav-0.75.1 which handled the bz2 file OK on i386 machine. That's when
mimdefang stopped working.

I've gone through a myriad of software combinations and just cannot get
mimedefang to work again. I can't even get the original problem to occur
again. sendmail/mimedefang just stops on receiving an email as below.

Sep 30 22:51:52 mail mimedefang-multiplexor[2396]: Starting slave 1 (pid
2479) (2 running): Bringing slaves up to minSlaves (2)
Sep 30 22:53:44 mail sendmail[3205]: i8UCrgoP003205:
from=<SRS0=d0klbGjq=MT=maidment.com.au=bill at maidment.com.au>, size=1244,
class=0, nrcpts=1, msgid=<415C01D1.9090700 at maidment.com.au>,
proto=ESMTP, daemon=MTA, relay=video.maidment.com.au [192.168.2.5]

I know I have missed something simple, but I just can't work out what it
is. /var/spool/MIMEDefang, /var/spool/MD-Quarantine and
/var/spool/MD-bayes are 0700 defang.defang

What else should I check?

--

Bill Maidment
Maidment Enterprises Pty Ltd

Unless you are named "Alfred E. Newman", you may read only the "odd
numbered words" (every other word beginning with the first) of the
message above. If you have violated that, then you hereby owe the sender
AU$10 for each even numbered word you have read.
Adapted from "Stupid Email Disclaimers" (see
http://www.goldmark.org/jeff/stupid-disclaimers/)