[Mimedefang] Bounce AND send a copy?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Sep 29 19:28:33 EDT 2004

Matthew.van.Eerde wrote:
> I believe that can actually be done but it requires a patch
> to libmilter (to allow simultaneous reject-and-deliver-anyway)

See http://www.milter.org/archives/2003_10.php for discussion on how milter-spamc does this:

-- begin quote --
milter-spamc has a new -A and -R options. The -R option is of significant interest since it patches Sendmail 8.12.10 to support a new type of libmilter return code:

SMFIS_TEMPFAIL_AND_DELIVER
SMFIS_REJECT_AND_DELIVER

The idea here is that a filter like milter-spamc can return a rejection response to the client yet countinue to deliver the message to a spam collection box (just in case), plus some minor fixes.

milter-date likewise has a new -R that uses the same patch from milter-spamc.
-- end quote --

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"