[Mimedefang] roaringpenguin.com is listed in rfc-ignorant

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Wed Sep 29 12:45:56 EDT 2004

David F. Skoll wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com wrote:
>
>> I'm a little confused about the roaringpenguin policy.
>
> We delay the rejection to after the DATA because some other zealous
> sites (eg SourceForge) do a "postmaster" check if you try to
> mail them.
> Accepting the RCPT command fools these overzealous sites into
> complacency.
>
>> What would you do to a
>> MAIL FROM: <> (OK)
>> RCPT TO: <postmaster at roaringpenguin.com> (OK)
>> RCPT TO: <some-other-valid-email-address at roaringpenguin.com> (???)
>
> Reject.  We don't accept mail from <> to multiple recipients, either.
>
> Regards,
>
> David.

Ah, it all makes sense now.  Now that I think of it, I can't imagine a situation when a legitimate MAIL FROM: <> would have multiple RCPT TO's.
I look forward to reading your RBL article.

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"