[Mimedefang] MIMEDefang, SpamAssassin and URIDNSBLs

Tim Boyer tim at denmantire.com
Thu Sep 23 22:47:51 EDT 2004

I'm not quite sure where to begin debugging this one.

I'm running MIMEDefang 2.44 with SpamAssassin 3, and everything is working
great - except SpamAssassin's 'look up URLs against DNS blocklists' feature.

The odd part is that it seems to be working when I run SpamAssassin in debug
mode, but not when it's called from MIMEDefang.  For instance, I just got
spam advertising compprog.biz, listed in the SBL list.  It originally got to
me with only a score of 4.249 (but note the 'BIZ_TLD' check, which at least
tells me it's scanning the body):

When I copied the whole message to test2.email and ran
'spamassassin -D -t<test2.email', however, I got a score just a _bit_
different:

        URIBL_SC_SURBL,URIBL_WS_SURBL autolearn=spam version=3.0.0-rc5

Why the heck would I get one score when called from MIMEDefang, and another
when done 'by hand'?

Thanks much for any help,

--
Tim Boyer