[Mimedefang] Clamav milter or call from MIMEDefang?

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com
Thu Sep 23 15:56:01 EDT 2004

John Barton wrote:
> ... I dont want to waste time processing with mimedefang if clamav
> knows it is a virus, but I dont want to have to scan in MD all the time to catch
> what gets by the clamav milter.

What you might do to get the most bang for your CPU cycle is:
1) Run clamav-milter first - this should catch most known viruses
2) Scan in MIMEDefang using some OTHER virus engine

That way if your freshclam happens to check just before an update, you still have a shot at catching new viruses (if the other virus engine updates its definitions first)

Matthew.van.Eerde at hbinc.com                      805.964.4554 x902
Hispanic Business Inc./HireDiversity.com         Software Engineer
perl -e"map{y/a-z/l-za-k/;print}shift" "Jjhi pcdiwtg Ptga wprztg,"