[Mimedefang] Upgrading from old version (2.28)

Thomas Barnes thomas.barnes at barnestormer.com
Thu Sep 23 12:46:33 EDT 2004

> In contrast, the upgrade of Spamassassin might be more traumatic.  I'm
> still in the midst of reading in preparation of a 2.64->3.0.0 move and I
> know there've been quite a few significant changes there.  You could
> probably upgrade SA to 2.64 w/o too much difficulty and save the move to
> 3.0.0 for a later time, after you've verified your MD upgrade.  In any
> case, MD will have to be upgraded first, as your version does not
> support SA 3.0.0

I just did the upgrade to v3 from 2.64 in my sand box and it worked great
without a hitch. Of course I updated the required perl modules for razor2
during the whole thing.  I don't have a very complicated setup either.
I was very happy mimedefang and clamav didn't break. BTW Spamassassin 3
rocks. out of the box it rocks. I did not even attempt to rebuild/sync the
bayes databases. . just started some new ones. no spam at all even with my
honeypot user ( who, until V3 received about 80 spams / day  with about
6~10 getting through.
*WOW*