[Mimedefang] again - Overlong line in RESULTS file

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Mon Sep 20 14:13:35 EDT 2004

Jeff Rife wrote:
> There must be a *lot* that needs to hit to cause this problem.
>
> I had one e-mail that hit 130 of the Tripwire rules, and it came
> through to me, which I guess means that it didn't hit the limit.

If you're only adding X-Spam-Status, then it shouldn't cause problems.
(It might be too long to log the full list, but it ought to go through.)
  The problem occurs when you put the *report* in the headers, in which
case you would get 130 lines like this:

	*  0.1 TW_xx: Odd Letter Triples with xxx

That's ~45 bytes/line, or 5850 bytes for the 130 Tripwire rules in the
report -- well over half-way to the 8K limit.  Throw in the report
header and footer and a few other rules and you can hit 8K easily.

--
Kelson Vibber