[Mimedefang] Conceptual Stage of setting up email gateway

Jeff Rife mimedefang at nabs.net
Sat Sep 18 03:01:02 EDT 2004

On 18 Sep 2004 at 8:51, Peter A. Cole wrote:

> I tried Fedora once, went back to Sarge. Maybe I didn't give it
> enough time, but it's so easy to type apt-get install

On Fedora, it's "yum install packagename".  To keep my machine updated,
I just do "yum check-update" in a nightly cron job, and then manually
run "yum update" if anything shows up (I'm too paranoid to let things
work completely automatically).

>                                                           dselect if
> you're not sure of the name.

I don't know what dselect does, but "yum list available | more" works
pretty good for me to find a package when I mostly know what I want.

I don't know of any good tool on any distribution for doing things like
"I want something that helps me to filter my mail...list all packages
like that".

--
Jeff Rife        | "Only one human captain has ever survived battle
SPAM bait:       |  with a Minbari fleet...he is behind me...you are