[Mimedefang] Conceptual Stage of setting up email gateway

Lucas Albers admin at cs.montana.edu
Thu Sep 16 18:15:18 EDT 2004

Peter A. Cole said:
> On my home mail server here (Debian Sarge), I have 5 email accounts all
> from my ISP, so I have to POP them.
>
> I use fetchmail, which delivers them to sendmail, and therefore
> mimedefang/spamassassin/clamav and then to my maildirs.

<rant>
imho it's easier to setup a new server running debian sarge then fedora
core 2. Debian resolves all the mimedefang dependencies straight from the
main debian archive. Fedora Core 2 has mimedefang but it get's it from 3rd
party repositories.
You also have a longer release cycle with debian than with fedora.
Just my 2 cents.
</rant>

--
Luke Computer Science System Administrator
Security Administrator,College of Engineering