[Mimedefang] Mimedefang error

Frank Doepper mimedefang at taz.de
Mon Sep 13 13:17:25 EDT 2004

Am 13.09.04 um 11:02 schrieb Vivek Kumar:

>Sep 13 10:58:21 advanceserver mimedefang-multiplexor: Slave 3 stderr: Cannot
>open bayes_path /var/spool/MIMEDefang/bayes R/W: File exists

Do you have autolearn enabled? Are there stale bayes database learn lock
files left over, after the crash, in /var/spool/MIMEDefang/ ?

We have these messages here too, I think they appear when two or more
processes attempt to feed the bayes db at the same time. The messages
disappear after a short time and I cannot see any harm. (Is this right?)

F.