[Mimedefang] Conceptual stage at setting up email gateway

Kelson kelson at speed.net
Mon Sep 13 12:27:02 EDT 2004

webmaster+jnsolutions.co.uk at jnsolutions.co.uk wrote:
> However, I'm not sure whether I can use a linux based email server to load the
> pop3 accounts I use, and then check them for SPAM/Viruses.....

Yes.  Most Linux distributions include a program called fetchmail, which
will retrieve mail from a POP3 account and put it in the local mailbox.

As for spam checking, I'll second Gordon's recommendation of
SpamAssassin <www.spamassassin.org>.  ClamAV <www.clamav.net> works very
well as a virus scanner and does frequent updates.

--
Kelson Vibber