[Mimedefang] graphdefang issues

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Fri Sep 10 01:44:30 EDT 2004

I brought up the graphdefang bundled with the latest MD beta (GD files
dated 10/22/2003) and it's mostly working great. Lately I've been getting
some Perl errors. Before I dig deeper, has anyone seen these who can hint
what to look for?

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 270.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 281.
Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 282.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 294.

I've also seen this separate group, though not so frequently. 3 copies
showed up in the same invocation:

Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 309.
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 310.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 311.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 312.
Use of uninitialized value in hash element at
/home/ken/graphdefang/graphdefanglib.pl line 313.

I've configured GD to scan maillog and maillog.[1-4] (the log-rotated
archive files), and am running from cron twice an hour with the -quiet
switch. The errors don't show up on every run, and I haven't reproduced
them by running the script manually.