[Mimedefang] Catching the porn spams

WBrown at e1b.org WBrown at e1b.org
Thu Sep 9 16:06:12 EDT 2004

mimedefang-bounces at lists.roaringpenguin.com wrote on 09/09/2004 03:43:43
PM:
> What would be really nice is a new record type maintained in the TLD
> servers that held the domain creation time. One could then write a
> SpamAssassin plugin to monitor this.

So the spammers buy a domain in January along with 999 others, but don't
actually use it until September.  Hey, it's 9 months old, it must be OK!
Umm, no.  I think it needs to be based on when it's first used.  The
problem of doing it strictly on your server is excessive delays from a new
domain you've never seen before.  If it's a public, DNS type server, the
spammers ould simply start querying it before they used the domain.